Asparagus with Ginger
Ingredients for Asparagus with Ginger
- 1 bunch of asparagus, approx. 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Method Asparagus with Ginger
- Holding the stalk at both ends, bend gently until it breaks on its own. Discard the hard portion of the stalk.
- Cut the remaining asparagus spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- Bring oil to medium heat in a large frying pan that can hold all the asparagus.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till they crack. Then add asparagus, ginger, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until asparagus are tender but still crunch.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serving Options for Asparagus with Ginger:
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on cooked asparagus, just prior to serving. If the asparagus is warm enough, the cheese will melt and be delicious.
- Add 1 tablespoon sliced almonds halfway through cooking the asparagus (step 5 of Method). This will make a beautiful presentation and taste great.