You can enjoy the taste and benefits of pomegranate not only in the form of juice or fresh fruit. Pomegranate tea, popular in the East, improves health and has a refined taste. Let’s reveal all the secrets of proper brewing of this drink!
Autumn guests from the southern countries-pomegranate-has many useful properties. This valuable fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, organic acids, salts, contains tannins.
Pomegranates increase the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells, so they are used in the treatment of diseases of the circulatory system. Most often we use either just ripe pomegranate fruit or drink pomegranate juice.
Pomegranate green tea benefits are really great!
It is a mistake to call a pomegranate fruit, because it is actually a berry. It is worth noting that in Turkey, pomegranate is extremely popular. This is not surprising, because this useful fruit grows there as well as we have apples. Pomegranate is used for cooking various dishes, as a flavoring or decoration of ready-made food. Pomegranate tea for the Turks has a special meaning, we can say that for them it is a national drink. It is produced on an industrial scale and sold in regular stores.
Purchased pomegranate tea looks like a powder. It is prepared from the skin, membranes, and seeds of a pomegranate, ground into flour, with the addition of ordinary black tea.
Cooking technology allows you to save all the useful properties of the plant. To brew this tea is very easy: just pour boiling water over the dry product at the rate of 2 tsp per 1 Cup and insist for 5 minutes. The finished drink has a red color and sour taste.
If neither you nor your friends are going to Turkey, you can make pomegranate tea without using the finished powder. To do this, you only need two ingredients: tea and pomegranate juice. Tea can be either black or green. Pomegranate juice can be bought ready-made, but it is better to squeeze it yourself. Store-bought juice often contains preservatives and is diluted.
How to squeeze the juice out of a pomegranate?
There are 2 ways:
- Juicer. The disadvantage is that with this device, the juice is squeezed out not only from the pomegranate seeds but also from the partitions, bones. Because of this, the taste will be bitter.
- Mash the pomegranate with your hands, and then make a hole with a knife. The juice will flow into the prepared Cup. This method will allow you to get a delicious sweet juice but is quite time-consuming. Pomegranate is a very dense fruit, and to stretch it, you need strong hands!
So their juice and their tea. Brew the tea in the usual way, cool slightly and combine with the juice in a ratio of 1:1. Pomegranate tea is ready! You can add mint, lemon, cinnamon, honey.
To make pomegranate tea, you can even use the leaves and flowers of pomegranate. The taste, however, will not be so rich, but the useful properties of this drink will retain. Brew this tea is easy: just pour boiling water 1 tsp pomegranate leaves and 1 tsp dried pomegranate flowers. Insist 20-30 minutes and drink, you can add honey, sugar.
Pomegranate crusts can also be brewed, but this drink has a bitter taste and not too pleasant properties.
The traditional method of welding
Pure leaf pomegranate tea is prepared with the help of a whole ritual. As initial ingredients are taken black tea, pomegranate green tea, pomegranate seeds. For welding use, two teapots: in one are put the ingredients, and the second is filled with water and brought to a boil.
The first teapot is placed over the second, it turns out a kind of steam bath. Tea leaves are slightly steamed under the influence of hot steam. Then the upper kettle is removed, and its contents are filled with boiling water from the lower kettle. The lower one is filled with water again, the upper kettle is returned to its place. The whole structure is put on the fire, brought to a boil and boiled for about 5 minutes. The technology is quite complex, but it allows you to fully reveal the taste of tea leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Of course, pomegranate tea has benefits.
However, it has a number of contraindications:
* Pomegranate has an irritating effect on the gastric mucosa. Therefore, it can not be used with high acidity, the presence of ulcers and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
* Having an astringent effect, pomegranate juice can provoke constipation. Therefore, if you are already inclined to delay the chair, it is better to refrain from using pomegranates.
* Pomegranate is allergic, so it is not recommended for young children, pregnant and nursing women, as well as anyone who has a tendency to diathesis.