Potatoes with Fenugreek Leaves
Ingredients for Potatoes with Fenugreek Leaves
- 4 medium-size potatoes peeled and cubed byte size; this will make about 3 cups of cubed potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 3 whole dry red chilies broken in 2 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves chopped or 1/2 cup dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
Method Potatoes with Fenugreek Leaves
- Wash peeled and cut the potatoes in small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- When the cumin seeds crack, add asafetida, and red chilies stir for few seconds add potatoes stir add turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, and fenugreek leaves. Mix it well and cover the saucepan.
- Turn down heat to medium. Let it cook until potatoes are tender and cooked well it should take about 15 minutes. Do stir one or two times in between.
- From some sides, potatoes will be light brown in color. If potatoes appear to be very dry add one or two tablespoons of water.
- After the potatoes cooked well, add the mango powder and mix it well. Turn off the heat. Aloo Methi is ready to serve.
Suggestions Potatoes with Fenugreek Leaves
- Aloo Methi tastes great with plain paratha, Kadhi Rice, etc.
- I like leftovers for making sandwiches.